Who is right and who is wrong? “Farmers VS Government”
This fight between farmers and the government is now more than three weeks. I know that many people, as well as protesters, don’t know about the Agriculture Reform Act, 2020.
So now I am going to tell you a little about all 3 Acts which passed by the government:
- The farmers (Empowerment and Protection) agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020.
- The Farming Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and facilitation) Act, 2020.
- The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.
- The first bill is for protecting the farmer’s interest with the legal agreement. This bill provides a dispute settlement mechanism between farmers and the buyer.
- The farmers will work under contract with the corporation according to this act and will supply products according to the buyer’s demands.
- It would allow farmers to make more money as a result of their produce.
- It will help farmers to get more profits for their produce as a middleman will not be involved anywhere in this process.
- The second act permits trading farm goods outside the physical premises of Mandi or APMC (Agricultural Produce Market Committee).
- This act will allow farmers to sell their goods anywhere within the state or outside the state.
- The effect of this act is now the farmer’s income will also depend upon the ups and downs of the market. This government will not intervene by giving any subsidy or help during a loss.
- The third act is to control the supply, production, and distribution of certain commodities.
- This act ensures that if anybody holds or stores the essential asset for creating artificial demand or for doing black-marketing for raising the prices of such assets like food, fuel, medicines, etc.
- The central government will include new commodities as the need arises & it can take off the list.
This act is not going to affect MSP at all. The bill deals with additional trading opportunities. Now farmers can make more benefits by selling their goods to anyone by agreeing. It will remove the middleman stand from the process.
The post appeared first on Planotech Media House.