Corporate social responsibility-CSR, also called corporate sustainability, sustainable business, corporate conscience, corporate citizenship, conscious capitalism, or responsible business.
Corporate Social Responsibility:
Corporate social responsibility could even be a sort of business self-regulation that aims to contribute to social goals of humanitarian, activist, or charitable nature by encouraging in or supporting volunteering or moral-oriented practices.
It is also be described as a corporate ethic strategy and considered in the form of corporate self-operating for some time.
CSR is usually understood as personal firm policy. As such, it must align to be integrated into a business model to be successful.
4 CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITIES THAT PLANOTECH EVENTS PRACTICE:
1. Environmental efforts: One primary focus of corporate social responsibility is the environment. Businesses have large carbon footprints regardless of size.
2. Philanthropy: we practice social responsibility by donating money, product, services to social causes and non-profits like charities and local community programs.
3. Ethical labor practices: we treat employees fairly and ethically, where our company can demonstrate their social responsibility.
4. Volunteering: we attend volunteer events says a lot about our company’s sincerity. We express our concern for specific issues and commitment to certain organizations.
As the use of CSR expands, it’s becoming extremely important to possess a socially conscious image. Therefore, we are holding corporations in charge of effecting social change with our business beliefs, practices, and profits.
A robust CSR program is a chance for our company to demonstrate our good corporate citizenship and protect the corporate from outsized risk by watching the entire social and environmental sphere that surrounds the company.
Some of the Corporate social responsibility activities are:
1. Reducing carbon footprints.
2. Improving labor policies.
3. Participating in fair trade.
4. Providing charitable funds.
5. Volunteering in the community.
6. Corporate policies that benefit the environment.
7. Socially and environmentally conscious investments.
Some of the activities performed by a firm to abide by CSR rules are as follows:
- Promotion of education.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability
- Employment enhancing vocational skills, real-world projects.
- Contributing to state fund/ prime minister fund in the present covid19 pandemic.
The role of CSR activity of the companies are:
- Approval of the policy
- Ensuring the implementation of the activity.
- Ensuring the legal norms followed while executing the CSR activity.
- Maintaining clear records of the activities done.
- Transparency of the work done by placing the same in the website for customers to know about how the company’s contribution to society.